Monday, September 14, 2009

The Holy City

A nickname for Charleston, SC is the "Holy City" because it has sooooo many churches. There is also an ordinance in the city that no building can be taller than the steeple of St. Michael's church. One of the most unique things about all of the churches are the church doors. I love church doors. So, I've taken it upon myself to photograph all of the church doors in Charleston. I've gotten a few, but I still have a ways to go! So, here we have some church doors with a few churches in the mix as well.

Redeemer Presbysterian Church

St. Andrews Lutheran Church


Trinity United Methodist Church


Citadel Square Baptist Church
St. Matthews German Evangelical Lutheran Church
The Unitarian Church of Charleston
The First Presbyterian Church

St. Michael's Church
The Huguenot Church

St. Philip's Church


Circular Congregational Church
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim

St. Mary's Catholic Church
Yea, that's a lot of church doors with more to come whenever I can get back to Charleston!

2 comments: